Sunday, January 30, 2011

2nd agility weekend

We had our 2nd agility competition this weekend. On Saturday we had a starters run, another issue with running past a very obvious straight jump, and she popped out of the weaves the first time through. I was not happy with the next run, elementary, no focus and very slow over an extremely easy course.

On Sunday we had a couple of jumpers runs, the first one was a tricky course, finally no running past a jump and I was pleased with her focus but she had 2 rails, as you can see from the video taking the rails while turning. The tricky first half of the course is missing because of crappy videoing! The Second course was super easy, half way round, again she just ran straight past a very basic jump. Other than that ok, she seems to handle the difficult parts fine but trips up at easy jumps, I'd really like her to have a bit more drive too but I'm sure that will come with confidence.


5 comments:

  1. Good job! I don't think Pepper was slow - she looked great to me! Running past jumps is a beginner's problem I think - just support the jump more and don't take it for granted that she will jump. Plus she will learn how to keep the bars up when jumping at an angle with more practice I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Pepper did fantastic!! She's still new to this so she will make mistakes, but you guys had fun and that's what counts. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. practice makes perfect :) She is a lot faster than Snoopy was at her first competition! Well done you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job! Confidence will come with every new trial so just have fun! I don't usually fix missed jumps in the beginning, or even now. I just want the dog focused on running and being confident.

    ReplyDelete